Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fancyface1
Level 7

Adding channel

Am trying to add ChaiFlicks channel that I have already paid for to Roku 2XS and constantly says:

Channel install failed/ Could not add "ChaiFlicks" error

Was able to add ChaiFlicks on another tv using a Firestick, but am unable to add to Roku that is hooked up to another tv in another room.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Adding channel

The Roku 2XS is very old and no longer supported.  Most new channels will not work.

markhowe
Level 8

@fancyface1 wrote:

Am trying to add ChaiFlicks channel that I have already paid for to Roku 2XS and constantly says:

Channel install failed/ Could not add "ChaiFlicks" error

I have the same issue with a 3400x stick.  I have the channel installed on my computer but install fails on my TV.  Is the 3400 too old also?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 10

@markhowe 

Looks like the 3400 falls into the "Legacy", or no longer unsupported/updateable category.  Roku is currently on 9.4 OS, the 3400 apparently is upgradeable only to 9.1 OS.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/roku-is-ending-support-for-older-models/     

Links in the above article will take you to the official Roku development pages, but this article is easier to read and understand.

markhowe
Level 8

Thank you.  After a complete 'factory reset' did not work, need to get a new one.  [Its not really that old.]

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 10

@markhowe 

Don't know when you got your 3400 stick, but appears to be a 2012 model that was replaced by the 3600 series in 2016.  Currently in the 3800's for the stick series since 2017.  Looks to have had a good run.  Sometimes, the newer channels/apps are simply developed with the newer hardware and Roku software in mind.  Most likely the software limitation (9.1 vs 9.4) being the issue in your case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku

markhowe
Level 8

The Roku stick came with a TV purchase in 2014.  Getting digitized has been a long and painful process, but now, here we are.  I hope it will be as simple as buying another modern stick!?!  Seems like nothing is simple.

Again, thank you for all the info.

markhowe
Level 8

I found a Roku Streaming Stick + .
Hope it will work.