Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

"Continue Watching" disabled

From my developers portal for Direct Publisher, I noticed that the "Continue Watching" category is disabled.  Do I need to do something to enable it?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: "Continue Watching" disabled

I'm not sure but I'd guess it's a feature they tried, but didn't work as hoped. Maybe it didn't interact well on certain videos host or something. Seems they disabled it. 
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

It is unable to be enabled on my channels as well. It would be a really nice feature. (if any one from Roku is reading this, yeah this is a good feature!!). If I get it working I will post how, albeit I see nothing obvious to be able to do so.
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The "Continue Watching" feature is only available for JSON feeds. Are you using JSON or MRSS for your channel feed?
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

I'm using JSON, and it is greyed out. Looks like its disabled, either way I definitely can't select it.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I'm using an MRSS feed file.  I guess that explains the disabled category.  Although, I'm not sure why a user cannot continue watching videos from an MRSS feed.  Granted, they tend to be shorter, but, having the ability to pick up where you left off seems like a nice feature regardless of JSON vs. MRSS.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

I'm using json as well and it is not able to be selected... 
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

"mitchstein" wrote:

Are all of your content items listed as shortFormVideos? Per your comments in some other threads, these will likely need to be recategorized as episodes and nested within series/season objects.
"Continue Watching" is disabled on all shortFormVideos, even in JSON. MRSS feeds only support short-form within Direct Publisher, which is why the feature doesn't work with MRSS at all.
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

"RokuTomC" wrote:
"mitchstein" wrote:

Are all of your content items listed as shortFormVideos? Per your comments in some other threads, these will likely need to be recategorized as episodes and nested within series/season objects.
"Continue Watching" is disabled on all shortFormVideos, even in JSON. MRSS feeds only support short-form within Direct Publisher, which is why the feature doesn't work with MRSS at all.

No they are all listed as "movies"... I'm still working on the series json file.
0 Kudos