Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sattun
Roku Guru

Re: liveFeed JSON question

Hi Richard,

I dont see categories in your feed, did you set the categories on the Roku developer site? 

OTTfeed: Lease a custom Roku SDK for $99/month go to https://OTTfeed.com/lease
0 Kudos
newperceptions
Streaming Star

Yes I do have categories set. I have one called “Live” if you want to see it my channel is “Pioneer Memorial Church Live”

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

There are two possible scenarios here:

1. You are experiencing what many other developers have with the infamous Search/About bug rearing its ugly head.  Search this forum and you'll see that contacting Roku Partner Success seems to clear it up.

2. Your feed file lacks a 'validityPeriodStart' object.  Take a look at the Partner Success post for:

How can I schedule live content to appear during a certain time slot in my Direct Publisher channel?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
newperceptions
Streaming Star

I have contacted Partner Success but I wouldn’t call it very “successful”... takes days to hear back from someone. What’s odd about this is that I can see it and it plays just fine if I add the channel via testing link in the Direct Publisher settings. It is only a problem on the live channel. A lot of good it does to test it if the testing tool is different than live. 😒

0 Kudos