Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkowbc
Channel Surfer

channel published yesterday but I cannot view any of the 11 videos included in the feed.

Channel TKO WBC, direct publishing account with video feed. Channel was published yesterday and I can see that 11 videos we're ingested successfully yesterday and today. However when I pull up the channel there aren't any videos displayed.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: channel published yesterday but I cannot view any of the 11 videos included in the feed.

Are you using 'tags'?  And  did you include those tags into the respective Categories section of the Dashboard?  (Its in the submission process with Branding, Feed url, Monetization etc)

0 Kudos
tkowbc
Channel Surfer

Re: channel published yesterday but I cannot view any of the 11 videos included in the feed.

No, I did select "Sports" as the category in vimeo and again in roku but I didn't add any tags. Would that prevent the videos from displaying on our channel?

0 Kudos
tkowbc
Channel Surfer

So I went through all the channel attributes that are added when creating or updating and there is no option for tags, only categories. I did see that I had English and Spanish selected for language and in vimeo only English was selected. So I removed Spanish and left only English and updated. 

Any you could check channel on your roku would be greatly appreciated. TKO WBC

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

You should consider defining categories and tags within your feed file. You'll have much more control over what appears.

If you need more help, consider posting your feed file for review.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
tkowbc
Channel Surfer

I had specified sports as category.
This is the feed
https://vimeo.com/showcase/6585611/feed/roku/b64b677ed0
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Try going back to the Categories area, there is a field where you can manually add your tag (sports) to the category. Essentially any video with that 'tag' is placed into that Category. Its a bit quirky to enter, make sure you press Enter or something after.

Otherwise I think there's a checkbox for "I have my tags in my feed file' like Baradantiko referenced, but it seemed to always work better for me to enter them in the Categories section too.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I took a look at your feed file.  The 'releaseDate' for all items does not conform to the Roku specification.  I'm not sure if that's enough to invalidate your feed file.

Secondly, since you do not define Categories within your feed file, make sure that you defined one or more Categories in the Developer portal that include the tag 'sports' since that's the tag you used in the feed file.

Lastly, keep in mind that once you make a change to your feed file, it may take upwards of 6+ hours for Roku to update your channel.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
tkowbc
Channel Surfer

I appreciate the help you guys have given me, I got a lot of people breathing down my neck waiting for this to go live. I will be checking roku again shortly to see if videos are showing.

Within the Vimeo account I had to select a category on the tv app page and I choose Sports. I also choose sports as the category within the category tab when working through all the app attributes before you select preview and publish.

I can see in the feed that it includes this: "genres":["sports"],"tags":["sports"],

One thing that I did notice and I've corrected and republished was that I had selected two languages English and Spanish and when setting up app in Roku and in Vimeo I only had English selected. I corrected and republished. Otherwise I've looked over everything so many times and I can confirm category sports is listed.

0 Kudos