Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Video Problems since update to OS 7.6

My Roku was updated to OS 7.6 yesterday (May 5).  Today, I noticed that some of my videos on my channel do not stream correctly.  In fact, I have one video that no longer plays.  It plays sound, but, no video (green background).  It used to play correctly before this update.

Additionally, I've noticed that some of my other videos do not start at position zero.  They seem to start a few seconds into the stream.

Has anyone else noticed these problems?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Video Problems since update to OS 7.6

UPDATE:  To validate my claim, I downloaded a video in question from my Amazon S3 bucket.  The video plays from the beginning on my laptop.  However, if I view it on several Roku devices, it does not start at the beginning.  This video, and others like it, used to play correctly before the recent OS update.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

UPDATE: I'd like to get to the bottom of this with help from Roku if they troll this forum.  I've found that on the videos that do not always start from the beginning, I can use the remote to rewind to the start.  What I don't understand is why the videos sometimes start a few seconds into the stream.  It doesn't happen on all videos.  I'm using a JSON feed that defines 'shortFormVideos'.
0 Kudos
donp88
Channel Surfer

Send me your feed and I can test it on my end.  Best to make sure it is not your device(s) or something other.
0 Kudos