Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Re: Titles Over Video

"stubbstarbuck" wrote:
I was able to get this working well by setting the categories in the feed and using the custom categories option. If you've already created them from the feed, it seems to take those.

Seems like a switch in the feed would work as well - not sure why they have this as a ui component.

How did you get it working using the categories in the feed?   I can't seem to find any reference to doing other than via the control panel and my categories are set in feed.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos

"rovidx_media" wrote:
How did you get it working using the categories in the feed?   I can't seem to find any reference to doing other than via the control panel and my categories are set in feed.

You can't.  It only works when manually setting categories.
0 Kudos
stubbstarbuck
Binge Watcher

To clarify, I set my categories in the Feed and then manually set the categories. If the Feed was valid, you can pull the categories from the Feed by manually entering the name, and it will show up as a choice. You still have to manually set the categories, but it might make maintenance a little easier to set it in the Feed first.
0 Kudos