Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Test conversion to Direct Publisher

Hello, if I use the Convert to Direct Publisher option for my channel will it be done right away? What happens if the the channel can't be converted properly? Can the channel be tested before it actually gets sent to the users and if does not work then revert the changes?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Test conversion to Direct Publisher

When using the "Convert to Direct Publisher" option, your channel won't be published until it passes certification, similar to when you first created the channel. You will have the option to view the channel via the preview code that is generated. Once you're pleased with the way the channel looks, you can submit for publication. After the channel is certified and published, it will switch to the new UI seamlessly for your users, similar to any regular channel update.
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Re: Test conversion to Direct Publisher

Hi Tom, why don't the Private channels have the option to convert to DP? Also, when I click on the link to test a DP channel I created the store tells me;
The channel code provided is not associated with a valid channel.
0 Kudos