Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTV-OPS
Reel Rookie

Roku Self-Serve Ads - Deeplinking

Has anyone done any self-serve ads?  I am trying to figure out how to deeplink an ad to a piece of content. How am I suppose to enter the deeplink into the platform?  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Self-Serve Ads - Deeplinking

Are you referring to showing 1 specific ad in front of 1 specific video?   I don't believe this can be done on a Direct Publisher channel. Generally speaking, you would enter the Ad Server url into the submission process, however with that the ads show across videos & content as a whole, and I don't believe there's a way to target it further outside of on the server side (geotargeting etc)

0 Kudos
CTV-OPS
Reel Rookie

No, I am talking about their self-serve channel promotion ads.  CPI campaigns. You can deeplink to a specific piece of content but there's no instructions as to the format the deeplink needs to be in.  

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Gotcha. I've never done it. Considered it. I logged in tho and for CPI there is the field for Deeplink. At the top above Order Information there is an FAQ and in it it says "Deep links will begin with contentid=."?  

It also links to here:  https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/discovery/implementing-deep-linking.md

Which also leads to here: http://devtools.web.roku.com/DeepLinkingTester/

My thinking, is it might not work for DP channels, as most of the examples seem to indicate SDK. However it's pretty thorough & I haven't had time to read it yet, nor test the deep linker url. I did CTRL+F for 'Direct Publisher' and it had zero results.  If you go thru it and  can't seem to get it to go on the Order Setup screen to the left says 'Need Help? Email Support' you could try that.

Sorry, just trying to help.

0 Kudos