Roku Direct Publisher

The easiest way to create a great TV experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casbboy
Level 7

Roku Audience Network Reporting

We've launched our channel a while back and went with Roku Audience Network. We now have a few networks wanting to run ads with us instead, and we want to check RAN analytics to see how we are performing with them for comparison.

But how do we see reporting?

Cheers
Ryan
0 Kudos
20 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

0 Kudos
casbboy
Level 7

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Wrote that address, never heard back. What's the typical wait time?
0 Kudos
ashokiptv
Level 7

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

we are also facing same issues with roku ad team. we are searching for 3rd party ad providers. Could you please provide me 3rd party ad providers names
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Highlighted
37mediagroup
Level 9

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Geez, I'm thinking of giving up too. Hate this. I've been on RAF for a year, am over my $100/The Next Quarter wait period, and haven't heard back from the multiple inqueries into it?  Not even a 'Hey we'll check into it'.

My thoughts are maybe Roku is trying to get out of the ad sales industry, or at least for the smaller channels. Being that their ad sales staff is essentially a startup department (unlike TV & cable stations) and that the smaller channels are often asked to be removed off some media buys.

I dunno, frustrating. My fear of giving up is that I'll then NEVER get my RAF monies, and, while it isn't a lot, it's a nominal amount & I spent alot of time building my channel & far exceeded my standard scope & abilities (of coding/design) to get it done. Just the small reward is what I wanted.
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Level 7

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

"37mediagroup" wrote:

I dunno, frustrating. My fear of giving up is that I'll then NEVER get my RAF monies, and, while it isn't a lot, it's a nominal amount & I spent alot of time building my channel & far exceeded my standard scope & abilities (of coding/design) to get it done. Just the small reward is what I wanted.

I shut down all of my RAF supported channels.   Lack of payments, when you do get paid the math is fishy, lack of answers and a general disregard for RokuCo dealing with the issues we've all been bitching about.  It took them 90 days to finally pay me, and when I did get it, it was about half of what it should have been.    Just not worth the headache.
I don't know what the issue is at headquarters, but they have their heads firmly planted in the sand.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
casbboy
Level 7

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Guh, an ad supplier told me Roku Audience network is borderline scam. How can this be? Working on a third party option right now. Also, their ads are no longer showing at all.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Level 9

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

"casbboy" wrote:
Guh, an ad supplier told me Roku Audience network is borderline scam. How can this be? Working on a third party option right now. Also, their ads are no longer showing at all.

I'm not sure "scam" is a good fit, although what I've been thru ($0 & zero email response) it might be an apt description. I mean, in the context of the 60/40 split & payout of $14/1000 CPM maybe it's a bit of a ripoff. But I don't think Roku had every intention of making this a scam of sorts.

 IMHO I think they're just in over their heads. Trying to create an ad sales inventory from the ground up, selling a mix of TV (bigger channels) and essentially web (for smaller ads) is new to media buyers & agencies. I think it just hasn't gotten going as much as they wanted. Whatever it is they've really failed at communicating it to us. I would mind waiting an extra quarter or two, but keep us informed. Even just a forum post sticky with an update.
As Rovidx says the number is probably lower than I'm expecting, so is it worth battling & small claims over a few hundred?! On the flip side tho WTF, who's got my money?!
"rovidx_media" wrote:
"37mediagroup" wrote:

I dunno, frustrating. My fear of giving up is that I'll then NEVER get my RAF monies, and, while it isn't a lot, it's a nominal amount & I spent alot of time building my channel & far exceeded my standard scope & abilities (of coding/design) to get it done. Just the small reward is what I wanted.

I shut down all of my RAF supported channels.   Lack of payments, when you do get paid the math is fishy, lack of answers and a general disregard for RokuCo dealing with the issues we've all been bitching about.  It took them 90 days to finally pay me, and when I did get it, it was about half of what it should have been.    Just not worth the headache.
I don't know what the issue is at headquarters, but they have their heads firmly planted in the sand.

Thanks. I guess it's time. I guess I'll reach out to an agency. I wonder if word got out about RAFs struggles, which explains why we both mentioned a while back we were contacted randomly by someone asking to handle our ad sales, or if a sales rep from Roku switched to a new firm & knew to reach out to Roku channel ops.
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Level 7

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

"37mediagroup" wrote:
"casbboy" wrote:
Guh, an ad supplier told me Roku Audience network is borderline scam. How can this be? Working on a third party option right now. Also, their ads are no longer showing at all.

I'm not sure "scam" is a good fit, although what I've been thru ($0 & zero email response) it might be an apt description. I mean, in the context of the 60/40 split & payout of $14/1000 CPM maybe it's a bit of a ripoff. But I don't think Roku had every intention of making this a scam of sorts.

I dunno, I talked to a few ad reps that have been doing video (traditional and online) ads for years and they all had the same response "What the hell are they doing over there?  That's a scam".  

When I did get paid they gave me $17/CPM which is great, but then after their fishy math, my payment went from around $5k to just over $2k.   It basically hooped my whole business because the bandwidth bill cost as much as the money I made.   

I realize they may have gotten in over their heads...  BUT some simple contacts would go a long way.  I was told they were going to fix the communication problems.   Here it is 2 months and I still haven't gotten any answers back.

So, I'm going to continue to call it a  scam....
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Level 9

Re: Roku Audience Network Reporting

Gotcha. I feel like I'm always 3 months behind where you're at (pissed of level speaking) lol. I guess my first reaction to 'scam' was more of an intentionally setup ponzi/pyramid scheme, or multi level marketing type thing. Semantics maybe, but I'd view it more of a ripoff, or just BS. But tomato tomatoe etc...

You're differences are stunning, and upsetting. I hear you on the fees & breaking even, let alone the $3 loss. Yeah, wasn't there something back in the summer or someone posted they 'transitioned' to a new system, delaying payments. Then they were backed up, but beginning to issue them?

I'd just like a blanket statement from them, either email or forum post. What bugs me was the RAF was pretty simple to setup, all inclusive, which is why I chose to go with them, regardless of the payout (at the time), I just wanted it up & running with some revenue to see how it goes. Now I have to switch & year 1 seems a loss.
0 Kudos