Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donp88
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ad Report

"rovidx_media" wrote:
The 3rd party I'm working with is really good, sends you a VAST tag (Ad server url) and then fills about 30-50% of my inventory most months.   It's not the greatest solution but they pay on time every month and if they can get their available inventory up to 50-70% (which seems to be happening as the months go by) it may be a good solution.   I can PM you the details if you want.

I'd be interested in the details if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me?
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

"rovidx_media" wrote:

I think I know exactly the company you are talking about.   They tried the same thing with me for one of my SDK channels.  I pointed them to the documents that state RAF needs to be used for ads on Roku and they said they would look into it and never got back to me.

Could be the same one. Possibly they were contacted by someone with a channel & heard about the RAF delays and payment issues, and began trolling the Roku Channel Store & google searching the developers. Not all that bad a strategy, just wish they listened or put me in touch with someone to see if we could make it work. As I said, seemed completely random and unaware how small an operation some of us are (ie. me). I remember her speaking to me about forwarding things over to my 'departments' (ad sales, traffic, IT etc) like I was a small cable channel.
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

"Pasnow" wrote:
Could be the same one. Possibly they were contacted by someone with a channel & heard about the RAF delays and payment issues, and began trolling the Roku Channel Store & google searching the developers. Not all that bad a strategy, just wish they listened or put me in touch with someone to see if we could make it work. As I said, seemed completely random and unaware how small an operation some of us are (ie. me). I remember her speaking to me about forwarding things over to my 'departments' (ad sales, traffic, IT etc) like I was a small cable channel.

Yeah, I get that one a lot to.   That same company said "Oh, just send this SDK to your development team and they can easily implement it".   I had to explain to them that I was the "development team" and the "design team" and the "content team" and... well you get the point 🙂
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Rob, I PM'd you back.  Don't know if you got it since it says I have 1 in the Outbox.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

"Baradanikto" wrote:
Rob, I PM'd you back.  Don't know if you got it since it says I have 1 in the Outbox.

Yeap, I just seen it.  Email on the way 🙂
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
tikiavenger
Visitor

"rovidx_media" wrote:
"Baradanikto" wrote:

Yeap, I just seen it.  Email on the way 🙂

Hey there! If you could PM me as well that would be great. I have a direct publisher channel and have been trying to test out third party ad server urls, but can't seem to get it to work. I've got a test LKQD ad server url from a friend to make sure the integration is correct. Any tips on getting this working would be helpful! Thanks!
0 Kudos
MatchRanger
Visitor

rovidx_media:
"Pasnow" wrote:
I wrote some early on, but never heard back. My guess is they don't want to deal with startups, as my channel was brand new. The time & effort put in to getting them setup & answering how-to questions etc it's probably not profitable to some extent. Now that I have a base & good # of installs I could probably try again. I also had a random ad sales rep contact me & still hound me off & on. The problem was it's been alot of back & forth because I don't think they can supply simply an 'Ad Server URL' that DP asks for, so imho we can't work together. But she'll respond with random links to Roku channel creation, ads etc which have no bearing on the subject (I wish she'd just forward me to someone more technical at her company).  Last real response was essentially telling me to switchover to the SDK platform, essentially learning how to code the site myself the full way, which is a stretch of my coding knowledge. Then she follows up with me every 2 weeks asking my thoughts?? To which I hold back not telling her that I am not going to completely revamp my channel altogether just to work with them. I've sent off another reply asking about the ad server URL method and will let you know, also maybe I'll begin look back to other online ad platforms.
Two 3rd party platforms to consider would be Vidillion & Doubleclick Ad Exchange by Google. I don't know for sure either work with Roku DP but could be worth checking into if your leaning in that direction,
I'll let you know if I get anything achieved. I'd hate to give up on Roku and have more dilemna's as to not getting any 2017 revenue and hearing that 'I'm no longer on RAF' blamed for non-payment. Also starting anew & waiting till the end of the following quarter (ie another 6 months) just to start off with 1 Quarter payment or something.

I think I know exactly the company you are talking about.   They tried the same thing with me for one of my SDK channels.  I pointed them to the documents that state RAF needs to be used for ads on Roku and they said they would look into it and never got back to me.

The 3rd party I'm working with is really good, sends you a VAST tag (Ad server url) and then fills about 30-50% of my inventory most months.   It's not the greatest solution but they pay on time every month and if they can get their available inventory up to 50-70% (which seems to be happening as the months go by) it may be a good solution.   I can PM you the details if you want.

Can you PM the details of this comany as well? Thanks so much!
0 Kudos