Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlmosca
Visitor

Rearrange Categories

I went to my Roku Developers dashboard and moved my categories to the order I want, clicked save but even though it shows the correct order in my dashboard when I view my channel on my device it still shows the old order of categories.

I tried uninstalling my channel and then reinstalling but still no luck.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Rearrange Categories

In my opinion, if you are using Json for your feed, it is much easier to control your channel attributes through the feed file than by using the developer portal. That includes reordering categories. The developer portal can be quirky at times.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

Re: Rearrange Categories

you can try checking for updates and/or rebooting your roku device... also make sure you hit the PUBLISH buton after you saved your category changes, you can verify by checking that the version number of the channel advanced y one, if it did your changes are published but the roku device is cacheing the channel and needs to be updated..
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos