Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

RAF Report Discrepancy

I just received my latest ad report today.  I noticed a discrepancy in the report and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.  My current report shows less total impressions than the previous month's.  How can that be?  How can the total go down?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: RAF Report Discrepancy

Hello, Roku?  Anyone home......?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Yes, May was very good. Unfortunately June is a little slow on my side too.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Thanks, but, that's not what I'm seeing. The total ad impressions from the current month are less than last month. If I'm reading the report correctly, it's a running total. It should not decrease.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

It shows total for the current month not all the impression from beginning of report.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I'm going to have to disagree.  The weekly report I get is a spreadsheet that has 5 columns across the top: Date, Ad Unit 1, Ad Unit 2, Ad Unit 3, and Total Impressions.  The report starts at January 1, 2018 and contains a row for each day in which and ad impression was reported.  Each week, the last line in the spreadsheet shows the last report date.  So, for the previous month, the data ended on June 3 and had a total impressions count at the bottom.  The current month's report ends on June 9 and has a total impressions count at the bottom.  The total impressions count for June 9 is less than the one for June 3.  How can that be?
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

"Baradanikto" wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree.  The weekly report I get is a spreadsheet that has 5 columns across the top: Date, Ad Unit 1, Ad Unit 2, Ad Unit 3, and Total Impressions.  The report starts at January 1, 2018 and contains a row for each day in which and ad impression was reported.  Each week, the last line in the spreadsheet shows the last report date.  So, for the previous month, the data ended on June 3 and had a total impressions count at the bottom.  The current month's report ends on June 9 and has a total impressions count at the bottom.  The total impressions count for June 9 is less than the one for June 3.  How can that be?

I'm coining a new term called "RAF Math".   It can be best summed up as 2+2=1
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

I get daily report and mine has same columns as yours but each month it will be reset and doesn't show anything from previous month. So I just only get data from beginning of the month. For example in my report, it is starting from June 1st to June 15th.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Update:  Just took a look at my latest report for last week.  The numbers still do not add up.  They seem to be taking ad impressions away from the report since the latest week totals are still less than the numbers from two weeks ago.  I smell a Roku rat!
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

"Baradanikto" wrote:
Update:  Just took a look at my latest report for last week.  The numbers still do not add up.  They seem to be taking ad impressions away from the report since the latest week totals are still less than the numbers from two weeks ago.  I smell a Roku rat!

I hate to say "thank god!" but I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with them.   Here it is a month, 3 replies left on my support ticket that was handed off to other people multiple times and not one reply.   No payment at all.   Ad's STILL running on my channel but now I'm wondering if they are being skimmed because I don't have much tracking setup on my VAST server.   

I'm done with DP all together.   I have one DP channel remaining and I'm in the process of writing a SDK app for it.   As for my plugins, I'll still be updating them with bug fixes but I can't in good conscious pass this on to my clients.   Seeing someone dish out $20k to build a small network and then get screwed by the Ad department of the biggest platform on the market?   No thanks.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos