Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Littlelies
Visitor

Open source Direct Publisher app?

Hi,

this app is a great first step to publish a channel, thank you for making it available!
But as soon as we want to customize/improve it, we need to re start from scratch using the SDK 😞
It would be really more efficient to actually get the source code and tweak it, don't you think? Besides, the community could propose improvements via PRs (like better long lists management, lazy loading of images, support for custom fonts/character sets, etc.).
Is it something you consider? Or maybe someone already did its own copy and released it on github (or similar)?

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
WineGuy
Channel Surfer

Re: Open source Direct Publisher app?

Is this what you are looking for?

https://github.com/rokudev/sample-channels

C
0 Kudos
Littlelies
Visitor

Re: Open source Direct Publisher app?

Thank you, but no... I need the EXACT same thing, with all features, just to add support for foreign languages, like Arabic for example, that is lacking.
I finally decided to do it on my own, which is very sad, because I liked the idea of easing the publishing process and having ad supported channels.
Maybe Roku team will hear me?