Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandon_Health
Channel Surfer

Need Help With JSON Format - There was a transport-level error - (Unknown ERROR)

Jump to solution

Hello,

I used to use Myjson as a way to get a link/URL for my feed and to update. I'm sure several of you know that Myjson went down. I had the info all set and had a template so if I needed to add a video, remove, etc. I would just adjust the template accordingly. Now that the website is down I lost that template. Since I was so reliant on that template I never really learned JSON.

I attempted to make my own and although it says it is a valid JSON, when I try to update the link and or ingest it I will get "There was a transport-level error - (Unknown ERROR)". I looked at other forums and found that it is most likely my structure/semantics.

I'm currently using amazon web service for my json file which is the same place where I put my video and thumbnail files.

I was hoping if someone could tell me what is wrong with my code. Or, if possible, a way to get my old template back or find a new one. Apologies if these are trivial things.

Help.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Need Help With JSON Format - There was a transport-level error - (Unknown ERROR)

Jump to solution

You have the following errors in your feed file:

2020-04-14 09:47:37.6235 ERROR Empty 'lastUpdated' field in feed file.
2020-04-14 09:47:37.6235 ERROR 'lastUpdated' field is incorrectly formatted.  Assigning today's date.
2020-04-14 09:47:37.6260 ERROR '1' must define an 'Episode' or 'Season' object.

• 'lastUpdate' should be 'lastUpdated'.
  • You defined a Series without defining a Season with Episodes, or, just Episodes.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Need Help With JSON Format - There was a transport-level error - (Unknown ERROR)

Jump to solution

I'd be glad to validate your actual feed file for errors. Please copy it to your post, or, pm me. I need the actual file and not an image of the file.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
Brandon_Health
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks! I will check out all three options

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You have the following errors in your feed file:

2020-04-14 09:47:37.6235 ERROR Empty 'lastUpdated' field in feed file.
2020-04-14 09:47:37.6235 ERROR 'lastUpdated' field is incorrectly formatted.  Assigning today's date.
2020-04-14 09:47:37.6260 ERROR '1' must define an 'Episode' or 'Season' object.

• 'lastUpdate' should be 'lastUpdated'.
  • You defined a Series without defining a Season with Episodes, or, just Episodes.

37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

'Series' are very meticulous in Roku's schema fwiw.  Are you sure you had that?  As opposed to just calling it a movie or short form video.

Also, a bit confused, did you save the feed in Notepad at all to your PC?   I wasn't aware myjson let you keep the same url, and make updates to it, thought each time it needed to be resaved as a new url. Wondering where you typed/coded it, directly into myjson?

Brandon_Health
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, I think I'm close with your help and the others. The series was part of it.

To clarify, I saved my code on MYJSON and it would make it a link. If I needed to update it I would just go to that same link and copy the code and make a new MYJSON link with whatever adjustment I made to the code. Now that it is down I write my code in a program called Atmo.io and save it as a .json and upload it to amazon web service S3 which also gives me a link. I hope that answers it.

0 Kudos
Brandon_Health
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks!

This, along with the other answers helped me a lot! I was able to ingest everything and have no errors. However, no videos are showing up on my channel even though it is ingested and there are no errors. But I'm sure I can figure it out. I believe it might be a tag/category error.

Thanks Again!

0 Kudos