Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigmike333
Streaming Star

Re: My Live Streaming Channels Quit on Me

Thank you for your replies. I use Amazon AWS S3 to house the json files, and graphics. All the feeds I am referencing have been functioning for many months, so there were no copied file errors. All of them quit at the same time, I'm guessing. They all use Direct Publisher. Archived video contents on my channel play fine, it's just the live streams that died. Another one of my channels is Cowboy Church Channel, which has both live and archived content. The archived clips play, but the CCCTV Radio feed (which is really a video feed) has died. Publisher program accepts the json file and green lights the feed status as OK. Same issue, will not load and play the live content. 
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

That makes me wonder if it has to do with live stream support, & possibly something changed on Roku's end.  TBH it was always a bit vague if live feeds were supported, and I'm not sure if an official statement was made saying it's supported. 

With your livestream host to you get links in multiple formats?  (HLS) is there another link you could try using?  Otherwise, maybe something in Roku's settings changed, OR possibly something in your streaming provider (Vimeo purchasing Livestream for example) switched encoding format, or some setting allowing 3rd party servers to view, or a bandwidth limit reached.
0 Kudos
Bigmike333
Streaming Star

Thanks for all the replies. The situation has been resolved. I opened a ticket with Roku support, and they verified my issues. After sending my case up the ladder to Roku engineering, the channels all started working again. I have received no correspondence of exactly what the issue was, but it has been corrected. Obviously, it was a glitch on their end. Kudos to them for their prompt response.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Thanks for the update Mike. Glad it worked out. Sorry if some responses came off like 'It's something you did' but when giving feedback on things like this its always best to have an open mind as to what it could be, as opposed to presuming it's a Roku glitch. Glad it worked out & Roku A. Responded to you, and B. Fixed the glitch.
0 Kudos