Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bklasse
Reel Rookie

Multi-page multi-feed support?

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to create separate JSON files for my series lists so that I can update a series without having to update the whole feed. Is there a way in the DP JSON feed to link a Series Object to a new JSON file which lists the episodes? I'm looking for a field like seriesURL where I can link one JSON file to another in a RESTful type of way.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Multi-page multi-feed support?

At the moment, DP channels are limited by the schema defined in the Roku Json spec.  The spec does not include an indirect link to another feed file.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
bklasse
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the clarification! What about creating multiple pages? For example, a separate episode screen for a series, so that the main/intro screen doesn't have to contain every episode. How can we create an item that opens a new Roku page with a subset of items?

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

You'll have much more control of the layout of your channel if you use the SDK.  However, you should prepare for a learning curve if you have no programming experience since Brighscript (the SDK language) is not a typical programming language.

Using a "Series" object in a DP channel feed will open a separate page with the associated episodes.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos