Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Missing videos - category error?

I created a json feed that validated and the developer portal says that it consume 27 videos.  However, not all of them show up.  I think it may be somehow tied into the categories.  I've elected to use the categories/tags in my feed.  Here's a sample:

"categories":  [
                       {
                           "query":  "club OR masters OR college",
                           "name":  "races",
                           "order":  "chronological"
                       },
                       {
                           "query":  "rigging OR practice OR shell OR training",
                           "name":  "misc",
                       },
                       {
                           "query":  "crashb OR concept2",
                           "name":  "erg",
                       }
                   ],

The "erg" category does not show on the channel even though I've got at least one video with an applicable tag.   I've also got a video that has one tag labeled "college".  I expected it to show under the "races" category, but, it's not there.  I've got other videos that seem to follow a similar pattern.  Anyone know what's going on here?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Missing videos - category error?

I found and fixed the problem with my feed.  The feed validated correctly which caused a bit of confusion.  The problem was with some tags I was using.  Once I resolved the tag issue, all videos show.  The error in my feed was not caught by the validation process.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

I found it's better to not include the categories in the json file and use the web ctaegories option, the more stuff you put in the json file the more likely to have one character crash the entire file.. Also with the web interface it forces you to select tags entered in your json file so you would see typos immediately..
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

The utility program I wrote to update the feed now works to prevent any problems in the feed.  I can output MRSS and convert it to JSON with a Powershell script with no problem.  So, adding the categories and the tags in the feed is not a problem for me.
0 Kudos