Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rogdawg
Visitor

Loop a playlist in Direct Publish Channel

Is it possible to loop a playlist in a channel that was created with the Direct Publish option? [I apologize if this question is dumb, or obvious. I have done quite a bit of research and I haven't found anything with regard to the Direct Publish option]

(I just want the playlist to loop once it is started...when the last video plays, start the first video in the playlist.)

Thanks very much for whatever advice you can give.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuPam
Streaming Star

Re: Loop a playlist in Direct Publish Channel

Hi rogdawg,

Not a dumb question! Unfortunately at this time, there is no option to loop a playlist in Direct Publisher. Best of luck with getting your channel up and running!
0 Kudos

I also have been looking for a way to loop my playlist since there's a limit of 40 items per category, but after playing the last item in any playlist, Roku requires manual assistance to start playing the next playlist.

My case scenario is one where I need Roku to play myu channel all day long without assistance.

Any advice?
0 Kudos
RIDGELINETV
Visitor

Instant TV Channel will do this. For more than 10 videos (I think) they charge $5 a month.
0 Kudos
NicholasStokes
Binge Watcher

Hello,
We are trying to play multiple urls for single channel.
Here in my case channel containing three objects in array.each object contains url, We are trying to for loop these objet for automatic play of three urls, but only last url is playing. please provide any suggestion to me for this conflict.

Here We are using SDK method

Here is my code:

array = []
if item.channelassets <> invalid
for each multiUrl in item.channelassets
if multiUrl <> invalid
if Type(multiUrl) = "roAssociativeArray"
array = multiUrl.url
end if
end if
end for
item.url = array
itemData = GetItemData(item)
row1.children.Push(itemData)
end if

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

It is no longer possible to do this as Direct Publisher has sunset in July 2023 and if not converted to an SDK channel by Jan 12 2024 the channel will be removed from Roku!

Now here is the New Question?

Is it possible to loop a playlist in a Roku SDK Channel?

YES!

An SDK Channel depending on the package setup and used may have the option for the end user to click to play a single video or click to play all videos

One example is I use playlist for my tvSpecials - The playlist are output as a category and the end user has the option to click to play the single video or click to play all!

Depending on your json feed or mrss feed and the type of videos used will determin the list of videos or categories! You can have shortform videos, movies, series and episodes or tvSpecials.

Your feed should use category tags or category Quieries to parse categories for lines of videos or The SDK page may parse one single line of video!

Need help with SDK Channel creation? You are welcome to contact me at https://ondemandtvnetworks.com and use the contact us form

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

The code posted here shows for a single Row for: 

row1.children.Push(itemData)

You did not reveal if you have a player code or other files in the package!

But

try to remove the 1 from the 

row1.children.Push(itemData) tp read -  row.children.Push(itemData)

or repeat the whole code for:

row2.children.Push(itemData)

and

row3.children.Push(itemData)

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos