Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Idjit
Reel Rookie

[Help] Can't get my channel to show anything else than Search and About

So all I can make my channel show when I add it to my roku device is 'Search' and 'About'. I have used Direct Publisher no faults reported anywhere. I have tested with both .m3u8 liveFeed objects and shortFormVideos objects. I use a json feed. Any pointers on where this typically goes sideways ?.. I'm new to roku channel developing. 

5 REPLIES 5
Mr_Idjit
Reel Rookie

Re: [Help] Can't get my channel to show anything else than Search and About

Oh, well that is good to know. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Be warned, this is a recurring problem.   I am now seeing this on a channel that had this bug, was fixed, and, is now seeing the same bug again!  DP platform seems to be unstable at the moment.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
Mr_Idjit
Reel Rookie

Oh.. I sure hope this issue is fixed soon!

I heard back from Roku dev support. And they asked for more info about the device ('System info page' - which I provided straight away) they could not replicate the issue. So I tried to instal it on another Roku device I have and the issue was the same.

I am now awaiting further instructions from the support.

tucker77
Reel Rookie

I'm in the same boat, I will contact Roku now as well.  Let us know what you find out!  I will do the same.

Thank You!

tucker77
Reel Rookie

I contacted the Roku support department about this and they were able to get it running again.  I suggest anyone with this problem do the same!  

0 Kudos