Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrentHodge
Reel Rookie

Feed not validating

I searched and couldnt find exactly what is happening with my channel.

My channel has been built. All I need to do is validate the feed. 

I have an HLS feed coming from a 3rd party streaming service. Everytime I try to validate the feed address (which they gave me to add to Roku), it says "The server returned a non-200 status code - (302)".

Any ideas? Its an active feed. Also, I was streaming an event at the time of trying to validate the feed to confirm something was being pushed out. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Feed not validating

A 302 Found message is an HTTP response status code indicating that the requested resource has been temporarily moved to a different URI.

Where are you hosting your videos?  it isn't Vimeo by chance?  If so, check this forum for Vimeo posts.  There have been several reported problems using Vimeo.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
BrentHodge
Reel Rookie

It's a live feed. No hosting. It's an HLS feed coming from our streaming service (churchstreaming.tv) playing off my computer. 

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Servers aren't my forte however it looks like a 302 Server Code is related to URL redirection, which would make sense to give an error if it was occuring on the backend as DP doesn't accept redirected URL's.

https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

0 Kudos