Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

Feed not updating anymore - Stuck at 06/09/2020 11:00AM

My JSON feed used to update just fine, but it hasn't since "06/09/2020 11:00AM"

In the Dashboard the only option to view for the feed status is "Published Version"  - so how would anybody ever be able to tell if there was something wrong with the feed is the feed ingest errors aren't even possible to view anymore?!

The feed URL loads fine and contains the maximum 600 items:

http://sabbathschooltv.orgfree.com/roku/sabbathschooltv.json

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

Re: Feed not updating anymore - Stuck at 06/09/2020 11:00AM

Here's an interim update.  I just went and looked at the channel settings and there was a green check mark beside the "Support Information" section.  I went and looked at it and changed nothing.  Then I clicked Save and it updated to version 46 of the channel.

Just looking now the Feed Status now says: 06/14/2020 09:30AM

So hopefully the latest feed updates are visible to everybody when they check now.

It would be nice to know what causes such problems.  Is the Direct Publisher code being played with or what?

0 Kudos
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

The JSON feed was updated again but Roku doesn't ingest it and make it available to anybody!

The feed ingested 6/14/2020 in the morning finally made it to devices but the later updates in the day never were ingested.

A re-submission of of yet another channel update shows the JSON feed was just ingested.

Somebody needs to tell people what is going on with things!

I also noticed that the DUST channel must be experiencing the same thing.  They have very frequent channel updates now too. . . .

0 Kudos
lucasg
Reel Rookie

My feed is stuck at 06/09/2020 as well - dont see a fix. Did yours start working?

0 Kudos
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

It updated on the 14th when I did a channel update and it then incremented the channel version.  It didn't continue to update though (with the regular 3-4 checks per day).  I just had to do another channel update to get the latest feed to be checked and "ingested".

0 Kudos
lucasg
Reel Rookie

Mine updated this morning. Nothing I did.

How did you manually do a channel update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

In the Developers "Dashboard" I just went to "Manage My Channels" and looked at "Preview and Update".  I looked at the "Feed Status" and then went to "Preview and Publish" and there was a green check  mark in "Support Information" (like something had been updated.  I look in there and nothing had changed (in Support Information) so just clicked the Save button and then Published it (again).

BUT, I see right now that the feed ingesting updates seem to have started up again.  There has been a new Feed Status update since the one yesterday when I republished the channel.  It automatically checked again this morning at 9AM.  So maybe it is working right again.  (???)

0 Kudos