Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herlsone
Streaming Star

Re: Feed Updating My Feed URL has not updated in 3 weeks

Same issue for me.  However, it DOES update the content on my channel and the roku servers shows hitting my server to read the file.  But it is not letting me publish a new update until this error is cleared.   No response from customer support  Check that, they got back to me  "A bug..."

Screenshot 2023-01-31 100840.png

0 Kudos
RedRoad
Streaming Star

Got Response

Jan 30, 2023, 2:38 AM PST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Partner Success. 

I’m sorry to inform you that we’re experiencing technical issues. Please bear with us while our engineers investigate and work on a fix. We have yet to determine an estimated time of resolution, but we will keep you informed on this ticket once we have an update to share
0 Kudos
Olumbi
Channel Surfer

Thank you for responding, will I need to do something on my part to fix this long term issue? Is everyone having this issue or just a selected few? 

0 Kudos
RehDogg
Streaming Star

There’s nothing you can do about it. In fact, they have not, given me much details other than there’s a bug and they are aware of the issue updating. Clearly they don’t know what they’re doing over there because my channel has not updated in over a month now.

0 Kudos
RehDogg
Streaming Star

This is the email I just read typical.

Yes the issue with publishing is being looked at as critical as it's not only impacting your app. You should receive confirmation that it has been addressed shortly but I can't provide a timeline for that. 

Robin Snead
Senior Solutions Engineer Manager
Ad Support, Technical Operations, Advertising
Roku, Inc.

0 Kudos
n5zno
Channel Surfer

We are having the exact same issue and got the exact same cookie cutter response.

0 Kudos
herlsone
Streaming Star

Hit them up on twitter also.  Although zero help there too.

"Did you clear your cache or try a different browser?"   

"Yes, I am an IT guy, I have tried different computers in data centers across the world, it obviously not a user issue."

"Did you try incognito or private mode?"

😭

0 Kudos
Channos
Binge Watcher

Good News / Bad News

Good news?

I received the following email this morning:

Hi there,

I am pleased to inform you that the issue has been successfully resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the issue and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Our team worked diligently to identify the root cause of the issue and implemented a fix. We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are always here to help.

Best regards,

Paulina | Partner Success Manager, International | Contact Partner Success

Bad news.

My channel still isn't updating and I still see the same "The service is still processing your feed. Please check back again for updated status." message.

It's been months since our channel updated. This is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Olumbi
Channel Surfer

I agree with you. I should have 15 videos on my channel and I don"t even have half. In summary, my channel hasn't been fixed and updated. I'm thinking seriously of moving to Fire TV.

0 Kudos
RehDogg
Streaming Star

I absolutely agree. This is beyond ridiculous. This company does not care about us content creators. Like I mentioned in a rant on my Swellcast (RehDogg) podcast and tagged them so they can listen. I doubt they will. One of my points is because we are not a multi million dollar company like a Disney, or pick your choice of any big company that’s on their network, all seems to be good with those channels. complaining hasn’t gotten me anywhere, ranting hasn’t gotten me anywhere like I told them I’ve probably had everyone uninstall my channel by now because all my content can be seen anymore. It’s just a blank channel and I’m not allowed to add anything nor can you see my other videos, I put there to begin with. This is beyond pathetic. 

0 Kudos