Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feed Correct But Channel Content Not Appear on Test

I am trying to test my channel.  I have 16 pieces of media loaded into the feed.

Feed:  https://api.myjson.com/bins/19l8r8

Channel:  https://my.roku.com/add/XPGCMG

However, the channel content (after a brief pause) does not appear when the test channel is loaded.  Any ideas?

roku_screen.png

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Feed Correct But Channel Content Not Appear on Test

The "releaseDate" field in your feed file is not formatted according to the Json spec.  I don't know if that's enough to force the error you see, but, it's something you should look into.

Additionally, be cognizant of the potential 6+ hours that it takes for Roku to ingest channel feed updates.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@frameworkTV @AaronMSpelling 

Don't hold out too much hope for Roku support to respond.  They provide minimal support here, if at all.  You can try to reach out to them by creating an account @ Roku Partner Success.  You'll have better success getting a response there.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

It could have been related to Roku's blackout period: https://blog.roku.com/developer/2019-channel-store-blackout-dates

Try submitting the feed url again. And yeah, Roku staff does not look at these forum posts in the Dev or DP sections. They used to, until about 2017 or so. I did ask Partner Success to post any future blackout periods as a sticky in here going forward, to which they were receptive to the idea & will consider it. 

0 Kudos
Jourdy288
Binge Watcher

I've been having the same problem with my own channel- it still won't update now that the blackout period is supposedly over.

0 Kudos
Bigmike333
Streaming Star

It is a Roku problem. There is a bug on their end, according to Partner Success. I have several channels that are disabled now, awaiting a fix. This happens often, by the way.

0 Kudos
Bigmike333
Streaming Star

Here is the email received... I'm fairly certain it's a platform wide problem, but it never hurts to let them know you are experiencing these issues.

Jen (Roku Partner Success)

Jan 8, 4:58 PM PST

Hi Mike,

Thank you for following up. There is a bug causing this issue and it seems to be a recurring issue for many Direct Publisher channels. 

I have filed a bug ticket for the engineering team to find the issue that is causing your channels to not work. Updates will be provided in this thread once I have feedback. 

Best,
Jen
0 Kudos
LLDM_channel
Binge Watcher

The fact is my channel is public and the content is showing up on my device along with another device. I had 3 others download the channel and it is on their devices that the content is not showing up.... Thisi s not a test channel.... thanks so much for trying to help me, I am really grateful!!!!

0 Kudos