Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conspyre
Streaming Star

Direct publisher says 81 files ingested. Channel is empty.

Channel published this morning at 10am. Direct publisher shows no errors, 81 files ingested. 

The channel on roku device is empty and contains no programs. This is super sketch. Waited two days to see this. Apparently we have to develop channels in the published state because when unpublished they appear in the same state - empty with no programs. 

Please advise, thanks. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Conspyre
Streaming Star

Re: Direct publisher says 81 files ingested. Channel is empty.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 1.15.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-11 at 1.15.52 PM.pngIMG_8023.jpg

0 Kudos
johnary
Streaming Star

This also happened to me with one of my unpublished channels. Partner Success told me there was a bug and they didn't know when it would be fixed.

One thing I have tried in the past is to prepare it for publication with a distant date. At some point that may force them to fix "the bug" since they don't want to publish a barren channel. I seemed to have success with this strategy, but there is no way to tell if Roku fixed it in the publication process or if the bug got worked out on its own.

So frustrating! Best of luck.

0 Kudos
MitchK

0 Kudos
Conspyre
Streaming Star

Yeah... That's all I'm getting here... Is that Direct Publisher is a hot mess...

How many years have they been running this platform? Their engineers are clever enough to create their own language to write channels in, yet, don't think their platform all the way through and give Direct Publisher users so much as a log file or any meaningful error messages so we can debug why our channels don't work.

But, if - with the luck of the gods behind you - you do get a channel running (no thanks to the completely non-existent Partner Success or whatever Orwellian name they go by), and you are successful - they take 30% of your ad inventory - it's the  biz model minus functional developer support.

Truly perplexing state of affairs…

0 Kudos
colhugs230
Reel Rookie

Still running into this bug. Just heard back from support:

Aug 25, 2022, 9:12 AM PDT

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to Partner Success. Unfotuatnely, there is a bug with Direct Publisher channels.

We are looking into this bug, but do not have an ETA when a fix will be deployed. Please stay posted for an ETA for a fix, or check out our Developer Documentation on SDK channels.
https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/getting-started/roku-dev-prog.md

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Best,

0 Kudos
ttech
Reel Rookie

We're having the same issue, does anyone have a workaround?

0 Kudos