Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mosafer
Roku Guru

Direct Publisher, Roku TV and non HD content

I'm getting a lot of complaints from viewers with Roku TVs.
Some of my contents are not HD. All the viewers with Roku TV, only can get sound and a black screen for these contents.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Direct Publisher, Roku TV and non HD content

Typically the only time you would get a black screen with audio is if the viewer is trying to watch a FHD (1080) video with a Roku that only supports HD (720).  I have never seen a black screen with audio with SD content.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

If you have Roku TV, I will be gladly send my channel to you for test. Some of my contents are SD and cannot be seen with Roku TV.
0 Kudos

It sounds like a bug to me.  All of my SD files play fine on all Roku devices (1,2,3,Premiere,Stick,etc).  I have never used a RokuTV though.

I would be willing to look at your feed though.  You can private message the feed to me if you would like.

You might also want to private message RokuTomC or RokuPam about this issue you are having with Roku TV.  They may be aware of the issue and can give some input.
0 Kudos

Also, for the SD footage how do you define its quality element?  I designate it as HD even though it is SD.  Again, I don't have a Roku TV but this works will all of my other Roku devices.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Thanks. My feed is doing great. I have close to 900 content on it and all of them are working great in Roku 1,2,3, Stick, 4K and other Roku devices. The only problem is Roku TV.
0 Kudos

Then I would say private message RokuTomC or RokuPam about this issue you are having with Roku TV.  They may be aware of the issue and can give some input.  Good luck.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

"mediadisconnect" wrote:
Also, for the SD footage how do you define its quality element?  I designate it as HD even though it is SD.  Again, I don't have a Roku TV but this works will all of my other Roku devices.

If you had a chance please check your channel with Roku TV. I think you have same problem too.
0 Kudos

I don't doubt what you are saying, my suggestion is to contact the two board admins who work for Roku directly: RokuTomC and RokuPam and let them know the issue you are having with Roku TV.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Are you declaring it SD?

I'm hosting with Vimeo Pro & have SD video. Seems to play just fine & I have a Roku TV.  In the json code I have
"videos": [{
                        "url": "https://player.vimeo.com/external/1234567.sd.mp4?s=123456789123456789profile_id=165",
                        "quality": "SD",
                        "videoType": "mp4"
                    }]
0 Kudos