Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bshotwell
Visitor

Direct Publisher Feed URL Error

I am attempting to create a channel using the Direct Publisher, but I am running into trouble with the feed URL. For background, I am passing my encoded video into a Wowza Streaming Engine Manager on which I have a live application created. I have my incoming streams, stream files, and SMIL files set up. Both URL's listed below when filled in with my information successfully playback video in VLC, but they do not work when I enter them into the feed URL box in the Roku Direct Publisher. My video bitrate is 5000 kbps, and the audio bitrate is 128 kbps.

For http://<wowza-ip-address>/<app-name>/<name>.stream/playlist.m3u8 and http://<wowza-ip-address>/<app-name>/smil:<name>.smil/playlist.m3u8 with video format specified as HTTP Live Stream (HLS), I received:

"The feed URL(s) could not be validated. The server returned an unsupported content type. Was expecting 'application/rss+xml', 'text/xml', 'application/xml' or 'application/json' but received 'application/vnd.apple.mpegurl'."

I have followed the Wowza tutorials for setting up a Roku livestream. Everything I have read says that Roku requires HLS format. I am transcoding the audio in the Wowza so that it outputs AAC audio. I do not know what to do next, and I cannot find anything except in the forums except for for someone asking about the same error message in a response to someone else's question. Any help, tips, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher Feed URL Error

Try next door forum, Roku Direct Publisher
0 Kudos
bshotwell
Visitor

Unless my posts has been moved by an admin (and apologies if i posted in the wrong forum initially), my post is appearing under Board Index -> Roku Channel Developer Forums -> Roku Direct Publisher. I have been trying to get this to work for over a week, scouring tutorials and forum posts, but nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Yes, it was moved by the friendly forum admin.
Unfortunately i don't have the experience with DP to help but hopefully others from this board could
0 Kudos