Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hanste

Direct Publisher Channel Verified but on device no content shows

Please help!  My new direct publisher channel verified correctly, and I can preview the channel.  However, on my connected device the channel shows, but no content - only a search icon.  

I would appreciate any advise.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
mosafer
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher Channel Verified but on device no content shows

If it is only a search icon, not with an "i" icon (for info), It may be part of a big new update bug. I think it will happen if you are outside of the US. Please contact https://partnersuccess.roku.com and submit a request. 

Please note that you need to set proper categories in your feed or your control panel. 

0 Kudos
hanste

Thank you. My categories are correct - they show up on the preview function. Can I revert to an older firmware if there is an update bug outside the US?

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

I don't think so. If you are updated you have been doomed forever 😉

Contact them with partner success.

0 Kudos
podworx
Streaming Star

I'm having this same problem w/ a new channel.

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

IS your testing Roku using Firmware Ver 9.2? I think V9.1 is the problem. 

0 Kudos
ralphmob36
Reel Rookie

hey..im having the same issue ..did u get it fixed

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Please see my post: Bitten by the Test (Unpublished) channel bug.  I think you are seeing symptoms of the same issue. 

Roku does not do a good job of providing information to channel developers when they make a change that can affect workflow.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos