Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badseed
Binge Watcher

Direct Publisher Ads

Does anyone have samples for the json feed that displays ads from roku? I have liveFeed videos and I am not sure if i set up the ad breaks correctly. Also confused with how to set up SCTE-35 marker thing.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher Ads

Can you be a bit more specific?  What, exactly, is the problem?  Are the ads not playing when you expect them?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher Ads

Just an FYI for alot of us, Roku somewhat gave up on RAF, alot of us likely need to go with a 3rd party ad agency. They sent an email in late August or so saying they are making 'changes' to RAF, and that channels with be selected to opt in if they are chosen & accept. If not chosen, they will be phased out. Just wanna make sure you plan on working with or reached out to an outside agency for a VAST tag, which, is a whole 'nother dilemna.

In otherwords, it's likely only going to continue for the bigger channels with high viewership or installs. They didn't provide minimum requirements or any specifics, nor would I expect them to ("Don't call us, we'll call you"). I can't be all that upset with them, it was an adventurous attempt but probably not all that thoroughly thought thru, in that Roku probably doesn't want to raise competition & spread thinner viewership for the larger channels of their offering.(Don't bite the hand that feeds so to speak). Secondly, advertisers probably want their ads solely on 'premiere' channels, and Roku would probably rather work with 50(?) or so main channels, not 1000+ or whatever individuals emailing asking about payouts etc.

All that said, are you looking for sample coding of ad breaks{}?   When you say you have 'liveFeed' videos, is it a channel that streams out 24/7 or in blocks, not OnDemand upon viewers selection?

0 Kudos