Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Just got this update and things are updated now - Re: Channels will not update

@fiftyplanotv If you haven't already, you should contact Roku Partner Success for assistance.  Don't assume anything is ever fixed.  DP seems to be in a constant state of flux.

Does not inspire confidence...

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

Re: Just got this update and things are updated now - Re: Channels will not update

"Hope is not a strategy." Man Mad

0 Kudos
TWiT
Binge Watcher

I've been trying to create a new channel and have been fighting with this stupid thing all week.  I'll update my JSON file and even after going into Preview and Publish and changing things and refreshing the feed there, it's literally HOURS before I see any hint of changes.  Very frustrating when I'm debugging and have to wait until the next day to see if it's working or not.  Writing a TVML app for Apple TV was much less of a headache since I could see changes immediately!

I think I'm almost there and am waiting for one final refresh before I submit the channel, but this entire experience has been such a pain.

TWiT.tv - This Week in Tech
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

I have the same problem again. Channel is not updating from 10/30/2020.

Feeds are digesting correctly but the updated feed does not push to devices.

Am I the only person with this problem or this is a "pandemic"

0 Kudos
RehDogg
Streaming Star

Re: Channels will not update

Unfortunately, they’re very incompetent over here at Roku. I’ve been having the same issue for over a month and all they can tell me is that there is a bug. How could they not fix this bug? It’s been over a month? This is unacceptable. They don’t care about the creators here at all.

0 Kudos