Roku Direct Publisher

The easiest way to create a great TV experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkammes
Level 9

Re: Channels will not update

Did it? No success here.

0 Kudos
Jourdy288
Level 9

I'm having the same problem; I really hope they roll out a fix for this.

0 Kudos
jsonnentag
Level 9

Nothing has updated on a PUBLISHED channel either since before 7/2/2020. . . .

Already notified "Developers" and after asking what wasn't appearing they said they "escalated it to the engineers" - however, still nothing has happened or been fixed for 3 days.

I asked why this is such a RECURRING problem.  Of course no response. . . .

Attempting to updated the channel and get a new version number didn't help at all.

100% successful ingestion of the JSON feed file. . . .

This is all while using Direct Publisher which you would think ought to be a high priority to keep working. . . .  I noticed that the DUST channel tried updating their channel version a couples times already too.

. . . Waiting. . . . No communication. . . .

0 Kudos
mosafer
Level 10

Our channel has the same problem since 7/2/2020 too. "Partner success" mentioned:

looks like the Direct Publisher bug is affecting your channel. We're looking into it now and will keep you updated

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
mkammes
Level 9

A known bug? 

I'd love more info.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Level 13

I don't think it's a coincidence that these problems started happening just about the time Roku released 9.3.  I tried a simple update to my feed, and it did not update.  I'm still running 9.2 and have checked updates every day.  It would be nice to know what release of the OS everyone is using.  It may not be related, but, experience tells me that when you change an OS, problems like this may happen.  That may explain Roku's reluctance to provide a better explanation to the cause of these problems.

FREE Windows desktop software for creating BIF (Trick Play), Direct Publisher (MRSS, JSON), and FireTV feeds @ GitHub/rrirower. No programming knowledge required.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Level 10

But my device has been updated 5/30 and everything was ok till 7/2. I don't think it's related to the OS.

0 Kudos
jsonnentag
Level 9

Just got this update and things are updated now - Re: Channels will not update

I just got this this morning and after checking it out the channel feed displayed is now updated to what it ought to be (for the first time in 1 week).

-----

Pam (Roku Partner Success)

Jul 9, 2020, 10:31 AM PDT
Hello,

Our engineering team identified an issue on our backend that processes Direct Publisher feeds, which had not been updated for the last seven days.

The issue has since been fixed and any content, categories, or other changes made in your feeds should now appear on-device.

I'll be closing out this ticket, but feel free to create a new ticket if you have any questions moving forward.

Best,
Pam

AaronMSpelling
Level 13

Re: Just got this update and things are updated now - Re: Channels will not update

thanks for the update @jsonnentag 

Building a TV Channel can be easy … if you have a right tools ===>> https://tv-channel.info/
0 Kudos
mkammes
Level 9

Re: Just got this update and things are updated now - Re: Channels will not update

I, too, just checked, and my channel changes have been rectified.

Thank you, Roku. While the amount of transparency and communication about this issue wasn't great, I appreciate you resolving it. Thank you.

0 Kudos