Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkammes
Roku Guru

Re: Channels will not update

It's been suggested I move the channel to an SDK variant, as you don't have to wait for Roku's DP function to ingest the feed. Oncebuilt, the feed changes are almost immediate.

While that makes sense, DP was meant as a way to NOT have to program against the SDK.

I haven't received any responses to emails or to @ tags on Twitter.

0 Kudos
freetochoose
Streaming Star

i received a reply asking for info about my channel and now waiting to hear back after I replied

BLComedy
Reel Rookie

Me too.

Nice that things are moving along fairly quick. 

mkammes
Roku Guru

I received an email, but support asked, " few titles that are in your feed but are not appearing in your channel?"

Obviously per this thread that's not at all the issue; it's a failure for unpublished Direct Publisher channels to receive any updates   I'm hoping the root cause is being worked on.

Any updates from others?

0 Kudos
savair
Streaming Star

This has been happening to me too I have three videos that have not uploaded , I mean the version went higher the preview shows the videos are supposed to be there, they show 10,   videos ingested successfully, I got a notice that it published successfully, but yet three videos have not shown up . Its supposed to have 11 but it has 8 could it be the holiday weekend

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Same problem here. Looks like around every long weekend, they have this problem. I think they hired someone to click on the Update button every 6 hours, and that poor employee needs some break :). I bet Monday morning, everything going to be fixed by itself.

mkammes
Roku Guru

Did it? No success here.

0 Kudos
Jourdy288
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same problem; I really hope they roll out a fix for this.

0 Kudos
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

Nothing has updated on a PUBLISHED channel either since before 7/2/2020. . . .

Already notified "Developers" and after asking what wasn't appearing they said they "escalated it to the engineers" - however, still nothing has happened or been fixed for 3 days.

I asked why this is such a RECURRING problem.  Of course no response. . . .

Attempting to updated the channel and get a new version number didn't help at all.

100% successful ingestion of the JSON feed file. . . .

This is all while using Direct Publisher which you would think ought to be a high priority to keep working. . . .  I noticed that the DUST channel tried updating their channel version a couples times already too.

. . . Waiting. . . . No communication. . . .

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Our channel has the same problem since 7/2/2020 too. "Partner success" mentioned:

looks like the Direct Publisher bug is affecting your channel. We're looking into it now and will keep you updated

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos