Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel not updating

Channel was approved 2 days ago and i've been adding new content since. The problem is none of the new content is appearing. The tag lastUpdated gets changed each time I add new content so other than that I don't know where to look. I only have 500 subscribers so not sure if that matters. Also the file is a json.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Channel not updating

Where do you store your json file? Have you checked the feed status in the developer portal?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos

The json file is stored on my website. I can access it just fine and it validates perfectly on a json validator. The feed status states 4 items ingested successfully. No errors are listed. There are now 8 items on the feed and have been for about 6 hours. If I go in manually to the feed, edit the url, save. Then feed status and refresh it, It ingests everything again but I thought once a channel was 'published' there was no need to do that anymore.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

If you use the same name for the feed file and simply update it, it may take upwards of 6 hours for Roku to recognize the changes. On a side note, depending on the amount of traffic, using your own web site may cause performance issues.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos

Shouldn't the feed contents update automatically? My other channel that I made ages ago is still online and I used the sdk publisher platform and whenever I add a new video it is visible on the channel almost instantly. 
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

That error seems to happen occasionally with DP.   Contact partner support at roku and they'll look into it. 
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos