Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Bewildered....

...by the short sightedness of Roku.  I've been struggling with updating a test channel for a few days now.  I contacted partner success and receive this:

"Thank you for reaching out to Partner Success. We do not have the resources to attend to issues with test channels. If your public, production channels are not working, please let us know and we will address those issues."

It seems to me that supporting channel developers through the channel creation/update process is something that would benefit Roku.  I assume that part of their revenue model is collecting ad revenue from the many channels that get published.  So, it should follow that helping more developers to get channels up and running is directly related to the amount of ad revenue they can collect.  Denying help to channel developers because their channel is in "test" seems counter-productive.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Bewildered....

To be fair, after experiencing more problems with an unpublished channel, I was able to document my problems to the satisfaction of Partner Success to convince them to look into the problems.

The moral of the story is don't give up.  Document your problem and present it to Partner Success.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos