Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dwvsplat

Basic build for a church

I have a live stream url ready for roku, but I have no experience building a channel, can anyone help? I just want it to be basic, go to the channel with our logo and hit play....that is it.

This is our roku stream link:

https://link.theplatform.com/s/IfSiAC/media/QSLarpNAnF2O/file.m3u8?format=redirect&formats=m3u&affil...

Our streaming website looks like this:

Https://live.centralwesleyan.org

Thanks for any help in advance!

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Re: Basic build for a church

Don't pay someone to do it. You can do it for free.

Direct message me and we can email.

0 Kudos
kyle173

I am looking to do the same for my church. I have the channel up but I can't set up the feed. how can I do this for free?

0 Kudos
genepensiero
Roku Guru

37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Are you saying you have your Roku Channel up?  What videos are you currently using, and are you hosting videos going forward, or looking for live?

If live, you then need to add some form of Live Video URL to it.  I doubt you'll find a free service for this, as YT & FB etc don't work ingest with Roku & aren't valid URLs.

Your best option, IMHO, is Dacast. They offer an 'Event' plan, that gives  you 1 TB of streaming, for $250, and it remains valid for 1 year. They have great support, its easy, & I've streamed live with them. If you have trouble using it feel free to post.

Otherwise, I don't think you'll find any free streaming services available. 

0 Kudos
horrorhound
Channel Surfer

I'm working on a Church live stream also but having a hard time finding a cost effective solution for LiveStream m3u8 files.   We have Vimeo Premium but having a hard time getting the livestream added to Roku Direct Publisher.

What service are you using to host your livestream?

0 Kudos
jwalle

I'm setting up a channel for our church and came across this while trying to figure out what's wrong with the JSON file.  I am an experienced developer.  I must say - the ROKU tools for validating are pretty bad.  I stripped the JSON file down to 1 video to try and get this working.   I was using tvSpecial and then tried shortFormVideos.  Neither works.   I only get "1 item has an error: Required shortFormVideo content is missing."  I have looked at every single required item multiple times in the docs.  They are all there in the file.  

EDIT: @genepensiero was a big help. All set on this.

0 Kudos
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Baradanikto
Roku Guru

The feed file you posted does not define a tv special or a short form video.  Is this the problem feed file?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos

Can you help me out?

I'm looking at creating a Roku Channel for my church. I am also hoping to be able to simulcast to roku, fb, and youtube. Is this possible?

mr.joshua.james@gmail.com or respond

Thanks!

0 Kudos