Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeanLach
Roku Guru

AD SERVERS that RIP YOUR CONTENT and PUBLISH THEIR OWN CHANNELS

Just a heads up for those of your Direct Publishers who are looking for a company that offers Ad-Revenue share via a TAG.  I have been approached by (2) Ad Servers who Publish their own DP channels.  This is a conflict of Interest.  (No I'm not complaining about our Humble Roku-Host's  -- rather I'm trying to warn you about others who create unfair competition!)

If an Ad-Server (Advertising Agency/Digital Marketing Platform or whatever they may call themselves) approaches you and promises to deliver a VAST/vPAID TAG and a Ad-Rev arrangement, then be smart.  

Go to your Roku, use "search" for channels that have Westerns, Sitcoms, etc.  If you see that the company that approached you is making Channels, then how dedicated can they be to making YOU money?  
If they do their own channels, then you can bet that they look at your content, and if you have content that they think they can market on their own channel, well then they might do so.  

For example...I found an old Sitcom that no-one else on Roku had published.  I placed a few shows on my channel to test it.  But then, in the next week I noticed my "ad server" had published a channel named after the Sitcom.  That really tee'd me off.  Not because I own it...don't get me wrong -- it's just the point...Their fighting me, not helping me.

Find you own stuff - do you own research, and let's not all fight for the same Ten Bucks ehhh? 
Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: AD SERVERS that RIP YOUR CONTENT and PUBLISH THEIR OWN CHANNELS

Sorry to hear this yet thanks for the insight. Worth keeping an eye on.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

{duplicate post}
0 Kudos
DeanLach
Roku Guru

"37mediagroup" wrote:
Sorry to hear this yet thanks for the insight. Worth keeping an eye on.

I'm happy to help.
Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos