Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsumr1101
Level 7

wired Ethernet connection

Jump to solution

What Roku streaming media devices are compatible with wired Ethernet connection? 

I don't want to use WIFI and Google seems to be the only company I can find that says they support a wired connection.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: wired Ethernet connection

Jump to solution

@jsumr1101  Thanks for the question! We currently offer the Roku Ultra, which features an ethernet port. You can check it out here: https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@jsumr1101  Thanks for the question! We currently offer the Roku Ultra, which features an ethernet port. You can check it out here: https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
kevanp
Level 7

Jump to solution

If you do still offer the Ultra, you don't seem to in the UK. That link in your reply doesn't work, and the UK site only lists Express, Premier, and Streaming Stick—none of which appears to offer an Ethernet connection.

Your website states:

"You can use the product comparison chart to determine which current products have Ethernet."

In fact it does no such thing.

My first contact with Roku has left me underwhelmed.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There's quite a few Roku features and products that are only available in the US.  They don't spell that out very well if at all.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bewildered_Bob
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello Tanner: I own an Ultra which i believe has an ethernet port for "wired" connection. Since my wireless connection to Spectrum internet (thru Asus router) goes up and down like a yoyo, does it make sense to try an ethernet cable instead (est 50 feet long) ?  If so, which cable shd I buy ? Thanx.

Bewildered Bob

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

Jump to solution

Tanner isnt here anymore, but a CAT5e or CAT6 ethernet cable should be sufficient.

StreamerUser

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

And as a further update, the two new versions of the Express 4K player both accept an external USB Ethernet adapter. I believe at least one of the soundbars also accept such an adapter. What I don't know is if any of the adapters that will work offer Gigabit, or still only Fast Ethernet. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Bewildered_Bob
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanx for the quick reply. But the FIRST question is - does it make sense to try an ethernet cable instead of wireless (est 50 feet long) to eliminate erratic connectivity ?   If so, then the cable type that you recommend will be bought.

still Bewildered Bob

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I always prefer a wired connection if at all possible. So many things can mess with a WiFi connection, both coming from within and outside your home.

Since the Roku only supports Fast Ethernet, Cat5 is more than satisfactory. 

Dan

0 Kudos