Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swampop

will adding an SD Card make my old XS2 faster

My old XS2 still works, but is awful slow will adding a memory card speed it up any??

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: will adding an SD Card make my old XS2 faster

It may speed up specific app load time if it can load it from the SD card instead of downloading it then loading it, but other than that, no.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@swampop 

Also, if you do add a microSD card to your Roku 2XS, it's a waste to get anything larger than a 2 GB drive. Roku will only utilize that much of the card. And, like @StreamerUser said, it's only app storage and will only speed up subsequent loads of an app. The responsiveness of the device and apps overall will not be impacted.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim

You'd be much better off investing that money in a new Roku and retiring that XS which can't run a myriad of newer channels.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DBDukes

this.gif

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos