Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fpefpe
Level 7

which unit has headphone jack

Hello -- I have an older roku  unit -- I think its call the roku3 --- which has a headphone jack ---  I been having issue with it of late -- the  audio would crackle and cut out  -- so 
I am looking to upgrade -- so which roku models have headphone support -- thanks  
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Karkat55
Level 7

Re: which unit has headphone jack

Among the players, I think the only one with a Roku 3 style headphone jack in the included remote is the Roku Ultra, which is the $99 one.

However, there is a less expensive option. Any Roku can be configured to work with the free Roku app on iOS or Android smartphones. Once paired, the phone's headphone outlet will work with the Roku. (I like using this with our big 65" Roku TV; it lets me watch late at night, using my bluetooth earbuds.) If you find you have sound dropouts using the Roku App, try rebooting Roku and/or phone.
0 Kudos
fpefpe
Level 7

Hello -- Thanks for the info ---  Good to  know about the smart phone .... my issue is that I don't own a smart phone  --- I guess its time to upgrade --- I never got the  mini-sd card to 
work in the roku3 ---  thx for the info 
0 Kudos
Karkat55
Level 7

One other option I just saw - you can get the Best Buy version of the Streaming Stick+, which also has the headphone jacks in the remote:

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-stre ... ne-edition

$59 vs. $99 for the Ultra. Have to go to Best Buy if you want it.
0 Kudos
fpefpe
Level 7

Hello --- Thanks for the info --- I when to my local best buy and this item did not exist ---  I checked on roku.com and it noted that this  best buy exclusive will start to ship on 10/13 --- 

Why is there no  email or chat support at roku.com to confirm this? 
0 Kudos