Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krth101
Streaming Star

Best Roku streaminig device for old Bravia TV?

I have a 10 year old Sony Bravia tv that is not a smart tv. I need to find a device that will enable me to get you tube and other apps. my current Roku 2500 is limited in capability. Which Roku device would you recommend for my situation? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: which roku model would work best on a 10 year old sony bravia tv in order to receive you tube

Hi @

Thanks for the post.

Is your Sony Bravia TV has an HDMI Port? All of our latest Roku players and streaming sticks connect to your TV’s HDMI port.

For more information about Roku, visit our Roku official website here: https://www.roku.com/how-it-works

We hope that's helpful.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: which roku model would work best on a 10 year old sony bravia tv in order to receive you tube

I would also suggest looking here:

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

You'll see that higher end models have more "stuff" but each added feature may or may not matter to you. Then again, even the top of the line isn't very expensive so it's hard to say which is really "best" for someone else.

0 Kudos
krth101
Streaming Star

yes, there is an HDMI port. I received a recommendation to purchase a streaming stick. Do you think that would be a good option?

0 Kudos
DryCoastVic
Reel Rookie

Thats a good place to start.  I gave my college age daughter our 8 year-old Vizio TV and a Streaming Stick Plus, that works fine.  You need to be able to control the old TV enough to make the source the HDMI port, and you should probably power the stick from the wall, not an on-TV USB. 

0 Kudos
DavidU

I have a SONY BRAVIA also 10 years old and in perfect condition.

If you have chosen a Streaming Stick for your Bravia go for the Streaming Stick Plus instead.

0 Kudos