Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

what is band width saver exactly?

Jump to solution

im not sure about band width, as i was skimming through looking for others with channels that just drop and go to home screen, i noticed a solution telling them to turn off their band width, i do not understand what this is and by shutting off will it harm anything?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: what is band width exactly?

Jump to solution

They're probably referring to "Bandwidth saver".  It's under Settings->Network.  It's on by default and will automatically stop streaming after 4 hours if there's no remote control activity.  If you're getting a channel or channels that die unexpectedly before 4 hours, that's something else entirely.

-JT

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: what is band width exactly?

Jump to solution

They're probably referring to "Bandwidth saver".  It's under Settings->Network.  It's on by default and will automatically stop streaming after 4 hours if there's no remote control activity.  If you're getting a channel or channels that die unexpectedly before 4 hours, that's something else entirely.

-JT

View solution in original post