Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill2555

volume calls out the setting every time it is changed

We want to turn off the announcement of what the volume setting is every time we change it! It's very annoying.

Bill & Karen

Labels (2)
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: volume calls out the setting every time it is changed

@Bill2555 

Thanks for the note.

Is the volume the only thing that is announced when you change it? Do you have audio guide enabled?

Trying pressing the * button four times to toggle the audio guide on/off.

For more information regarding the audio guide feature, visit our Support page here: How do I enable text-to-speech using Audio Guide?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hi there, I am having the same issue.  The only thing my Roku announces is the volume setting when I change it. The audio guide is turned off. Please help, thank you

0 Kudos
Latitude1

Having the same problem and have followed all the instructions and the audio is turned off.  Aggravated 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Nobody has said whether they have Roku TVs or separate Roku devices connected to a tv.   Could this be something the TV is doing, rather than the Roku?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Omaha

We have the same problem.  I have tried everything!

0 Kudos
Omaha

We have the same issue.  It started all at once.  Very annoying!

0 Kudos
Larchdoc

It is not the Roku device.  Disconnect the Roku and if you have a smart TV the situation does not change ( proving it is not the Roku device) You must go to accessibility changes in your tv menu to choice the voice option.  Even without a smart tv you must do the same

0 Kudos
Kmillard33

Yes! It is ( in my case) the tv, not the separate roku device. So had to get the TV remote out and go to settings and change there.  Probably different with each tv. Ours is a TLC Google tv. Went to settings,  accessibility,  system, talk back

0 Kudos
bill68

It was my TV. Held down mute button to long on roku remote and a screen popped up with a setting that enabled voice. Roku remote would not let me adjust or remove pop up. I have a Samsung tv ... i used tv remote to navigate pop up and close out volume and remove pop up. All good now.

0 Kudos