Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clyde1
Level 7

upgrading outdated roku 2 - out of stock in less than 12 hrs of receiving my notification email.

I received my email notification of the need for upgrading my old roku 2 less than 12 hrs ago.  I tried to order the roku express and it already shows out of stock with no option to get on a back order list or how long it will be out of stock.  I assume this will force me to purchase a more expensive option now if I want to keep watching thru Roku. 

1 Reply
Wiiiindy
Level 7

Re: upgrading outdated roku 2 - out of stock in less than 12 hrs of receiving my notification email.

Personally I don't think you'll see the deal again.  They seemed to be unloading their old inventory of 2018 models.  I read that the 2019 version is redesigned and better but that is not what they were offering.  I am personally frustrated as well because I spent some time trying to understand how good a deal it was too.

However I don't think you need to junk your old box just because it won't get updates.  I just means some apps will not work or work as well over time.  Because of the timing I am also guessing that the new Disney + app might not work on the older devices.

Amazon has the express + for $24 if are Prime and really want one.  Roku's price was about $22 after shipping and taxes.   Try to determine if it is the 2019 model or not since Amazon would probably like to get rid of their 2018 models too (which are probably fine for most users).

0 Kudos