Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gperson
Level 8

synch channel apps across multiple devices

There should be an option to synch the order/arrangement of the apps across multiple ROKU devices. Although you can synch the apps that are installed or removed across multiple devices, you cannot synch the display order/arrangement of the apps.

If you MOVE and RE-ORDER apps on one ROKU device you should be able to SYNCH that change across all or any one of your other ROKU devices. I am constantly adding, removing, and re-arranging apps and it is a pain to re-arrange the apps on all 3 of my ROKU devices that are logged into the same account. If there is a way to do this, please let me know.

5 REPLIES 5\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: synch channel apps across multiple devices

I think a lot of us would like to have the option of copying the channel grid betrween devices, but it doesn't exist. If it were ever implemented, it would need to be optional, as there are likely as many people wanting to be able to have each unit's grid set up separately (kids's room vs livingroom, for instance) as those who would like to have them all the same.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
Lulo1983
Level 7

But if I have a channel (app) in the other rokus that is not anymore in the Roku market, will sync that app too?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Lulo1983 wrote:

But if I have a channel (app) in the other rokus that is not anymore in the Roku market, will sync that app too?

What? I don't understand the question.

Regardless, the following is true:

For however many Roku devices you have tied to a single account, adding an app to one will add it to the others, and removing it from one will remove it from the others, provided the app in question is supported in the region in which it is located, and provided the device itself is capable of running the app.

Suppose you have a Roku XD model 2050 that you've had for 10 years, a Roku Premiere model 4620, and a Roku Ultra model 4670.

If you add Disney+ to the Ultra, it will get added to the Premiere, but not the XD, as the XD isn't supported by the Disney+ app.

If you then add an Express model 3930, but then take that device to Fredonia, there's a good chance that Disney+ won't appear because the Disney+ app doesn't support usage in Fredonia.

If those examples cover your question, you have your answer. If not, ask again.

DBDukes

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lulo1983
Level 7

Ok, example. Roku don't have Spectrum TV App any more in the market. But I have the app in 4 other rokus. If I get a 5 roku, when I configure that roku #5, will add the Spectrum TV App?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Users report that contacting Spectrum to add it has been successful. I have no personal experience with them. 

DBDukes

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos