Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zi
Reel Rookie

subtitles switch language

I had recently purchased a roku express, everything was working perfect until today when my subtitles keep randomly switching to Danish in Disney+. I have tried pressing the star button in a show and changing the language but English doesn’t show up every time. I checked the roku system settings and it was set to Danish there, I changed it back to English, went into my show but had the same issue. When I went back to system settings to check again it was back to Danish. Tried changing it again multiple times but no luck. Have also reinstalled Disney+. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: subtitles switch language

Are you located in Denmark?

Was your account created in Denmark?

Are you using a VPN?

0 Kudos
zi
Reel Rookie

No I am located in Canada, and it was also set up in Canada. I do not have a vpn

0 Kudos
zi
Reel Rookie

It also now today says that everything for subtitles is in English( roku settings and disney + settings) yet they still show in Danish. 

0 Kudos
zi
Reel Rookie

Just realized aswell that when I start a show the very first sentence is in English subtitles but then immediately switches back to Danish. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

When you reinstalled Disney+ did you restart your Roku between removing it and reinstalling it?  You must do that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos