Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cptduzr
Reel Rookie

speaker questions, will it even solve the problem?

I have two rokus in two houses. I want to take a separate speaker or soundbar from one to the other as I travel. Is this possible with a wireless speaker? Can I get a bluetooth speaker and pair it? The sound is so difficult we have to turn it up so loud, I want to have a speaker if it means I don't have to turn it up so loud.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: speaker questions, will it even solve the problem?

You didnt mention whether you have Roku TVs or Roku players.

You can connect Roku wireless speakers to a Roku TV, but not to Roku players.

You cannot pair Bluetooth speakers to Roku TVs/players.

You can alway connect a soundbar with ARC/Optical to the TVs themselves.

You also have the option of using the Roku Remote app on a phone/tablet (or an Enhanced Voice Remote) with headphones connected or paired to it.

0 Kudos
cptduzr
Reel Rookie

Thank you, I have tv's.

I do listen thru my iphone, but that only works if I am alone.  So, my understanding is that any soundbar will work using the arc hdmi plug, but no small bluetooth speakers will work, and only the bigger roku wireless will work?

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@cptduzr wrote:

Thank you, I have tv's.

I do listen thru my iphone, but that only works if I am alone.  So, my understanding is that any soundbar will work using the arc hdmi plug, but no small bluetooth speakers will work, and only the bigger roku wireless will work?

As long as you iPhone supports connecting a bluetooth speaker, you should be able to use a the Roku app on your phone and connect the bluetooth speaker that way.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos