Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iFrog
Level 8

software update questions regarding delayed updates

Hey all,
I have 2 identical ROKU ultra units when it comes to hardware.  One is a 2017 Ultra the other is a 2018.

My question is, I had to use the secret menu to revert software from 9.1 to 9.0.0 to troubleshoot an issue.  The second unit is on the latest 9.1.0 release, and that particular issue has been resolved.

I would like to go back to 9.1, but it seems like I'm locked on 9.0.0 now.  Is there any way I can force a re-update?  The secret menu doesn't seem to have the 9.1 firmware as an update option.

Is there something Roku can do remotely to allow me to go back to the latest OS release now that the problem has been resolved ?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: software update questions regarding delayed updates

Yep, once you've rolled back you have no further control over when you can get the update again. For whatever reason, Roku seems to have suspended rollout of version 9.1, and it sounds like they are just getting ready to resume. If you PM one of the Roku admins here on the forum, it's possible they might be able to get you added to the release schedule. You'll have to wait until Monday to reach them, of course. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
iFrog
Level 8

"atc98092" wrote:
Yep, once you've rolled back you have no further control over when you can get the update again. For whatever reason, Roku seems to have suspended rollout of version 9.1, and it sounds like they are just getting ready to resume. If you PM one of the Roku admins here on the forum, it's possible they might be able to get you added to the release schedule. You'll have to wait until Monday to reach them, of course. 

Thanks Dan, this was good for while I had the issue, but now that it's resolved, I'd like to move on again.  At least I only did it to one unit, so one is current, and one is behind.
I'll contact them Monday, if someone who works for Roku doesn't post here first.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Yeah, Tanner tries to stay on top of most thread topics, so hopefully will respond to you here. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@iFrog 

Thanks for the note. Please send me a PM with your device serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll help take a closer look. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos