Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

set top receiver warm

recently installed an express player. noticed after being on for some time it is very warm to the touch. Isthis normal to be very warm. If not, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: set top receiver

Yes Roku's are essentially computers

and they do get warm.

However if it melts and spews sparks and flames get back to us.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Should the Ultra be warm even in standby mode?

Just  simple question. Is it normal for the Ultra to be warm, even when in standby mode? It is not hot nor have I received an overheating warning. It is simply warm to the touch after 24 hours of non-use and the TV off. It's working fine, just wondering because my Express that I replaced with the Ultra would be very cool once it went into standby mode.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: set top receiver

@sparky61 @robbie1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help. See more here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos