Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwporter
Reel Rookie

search has changed when i try to search

Jump to solution

during an update in april my search feature changed.  now when i want to search icons come up instead of just the name of the actor or movie or tv show.  how can i get to the old way of searching on roku

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: search has changed when i try to search

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please feel free to leave your feedback and I'll be sure to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for consideration.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

136 REPLIES 136
Z06
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Which search function are you speaking about? The search from your Home Screen? Mobile app? Which Roku model number are you using? Which operating system is it running? Roku 11? 10.5?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rwporter

Thanks for the post.

Could you reply here with a photo of the issue occurring? Please also provide us with your device's software OS/version. It can be found in Settings > System > About

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
caligulathegod
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue. 11.0.0 build 4193-C2

The search feature no longer shows a list of results but now shows icons of results. The previous list was more inclusive and this new method is more like scrolling through Netflix or something. Here's a comparison.

20220521_134948.jpgFB_IMG_1651369973307.jpgThere's also no option to clear previous searches.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @caligulathegod

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We are unable to replicate the issue you're experiencing. For clarification, when you start to type in the Search field, does a list get generated on the right-hand side? 

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
caligulathegod
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As in the second picture?  No. it is as in the first picture. It does not generate a list, it instead shows posters of suggestions for your search.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@caligulathegod

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried running a manual update on your device? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now. Please also provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
caligulathegod
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

4800x Roku Ultra
x010009pucg4
11.0.0 build 4193-c2
s02a209pucg4
id g4-208-955

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that at times, we may be testing different versions of some features in the Roku device, in this instance Search functionality.

Please feel free to leave your feedback and I'll be sure to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for consideration.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rwporter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

is there any way to get my search feature back to the way it use to be.  i do not like the current search feature.