Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
immrtlldy
Level 7

screensavers stuck with one picture

I have tried 4 different screensavers that note there are many many pictures, when I load it and let the screensaver come on automatically, only 1 picture will show, it tries another one and immediately goes back to the first one.   

6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: screensavers stuck with one picture

@immrtlldy 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the screensavers that you are experiencing this issue?

With more information we may be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
popcorn
Level 7

I have the same issue:

I have tried a bunch of screensavers that are a collection of many images (sometimes a large collection that refreshes daily or weekly). When the screensaver comes up, it freezes on the cover image and doesn’t advance to the following images.

Please note that all screensavers work fine if I remove the memory card and reboot the device. When I re-insert the card, the screensavers work for a little while and then stop working again.

FYI, I have 50+ channels on my Roku Ultra, a 32GB memory card, standard HDMI cable. I have tried rebooting the system, checking the system/channel updates, removing and re-installing the channel, clearing the cache (found a video on YT). The system provided screensavers work as intended but they get boring after a while.

0 Kudos
TanyaN
Level 7

Same issue here (w/Ultra, 50+ Channels). Was there ever a solution provided? Of the hundreds of screensavers available only a handful work. The one I purchased for $.99 doesn’t even work. Can’t find support with this issue anywhere via phone or web. Removing the SD card was a great suggestion, unfortunately it did not work. If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks!

0 Kudos
adrefs
Level 7

I have almost the same problem; numerous screensavers say that they have over 1,000 images and yet all that I see are the same 6 or 7, why is that?

0 Kudos
popcorn
Level 7

Yeah, my screensavers cycle through the same 5-6 images however all the images are recycled every 2-3 days or so. I’m guessing that is by design. 

0 Kudos
adrefs
Level 7

Nope, no recycling here, same images day after day.

0 Kudos