Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmo2
Channel Surfer

screensaver not workinggg

screensaver not working. if i leave a channel open for a few minutes, get booted out of that channel.

tried ultra 2020 and express 4k+.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: screensaver not workinggg

@ahmo2 

What screensaver are you using?

What channels are you "getting booted out of?"

Describe the actual situation that's actually happening. It's not really clear what you're saying is happening. Are you saying that when you leave a channel open, the screensaver kicks in, and after a few minutes, you exit the screensaver and are no longer in the channel?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ahmo2
Channel Surfer

thanks for the reply

What screensaver are you using? city stroll and aquatic life.

What channels are you "getting booted out of?" hulu, hbomax, netflix, prime, nfl, youtube

Describe the actual situation that's actually happening. It's not really clear what you're saying is happening. Are you saying that when you leave a channel open, the screensaver kicks in, and after a few minutes, you exit the screensaver and are no longer in the channel?

i start a channel, start content from that channel, and pause the playback. after 5 to 15 minutes, i get a blank screen. if i press any button the remote, the home screen appears. sometimes i get a screensaver, but pressing a button returns to home

0 Kudos
Gary-94080
Roku Guru

a similar thing happens with Roku Media Player audio player.  when you trigger out of the screensaver it used to continue playing the audio track you were on.  now it stops playing and bounces you back to the selection menu on the second track that was played when the screensaver started.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@ahmo2 

I asked what channel. You said "a channel," which really isn't an answer.

Now, you did describe what happened, the process, the timeline and all, that that's very helpful, but when I replicate that on a channel/app (YouTube, for instance), I don't get those results. Maybe you're using a different channel/app than I'm using.

So, again, which channel? And what screensaver? Yes, it can make a difference.

If I get it on the same app, but not on other apps, it's that app.

If I get it only when using the same screensaver you're using, but not with my default screensaver, then it's the screensaver.

It could be the device, but you're using two very different devices, and I think that's unlikely. So, let us know about the app you're using and the screensaver, and we'll see if we can replicate it, or otherwise determine why you're getting what you're getting.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ahmo2
Channel Surfer

hmmm, my copy of my reply contains this: "What channels are you "getting booted out of?" hulu, hbomax, netflix, prime, nfl, youtube"

are you not seeing that? rokus support is pretty **bleep**, so i wouldn't be surprised

ahmo2
Channel Surfer

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX screensaver not working ISSUE?

i submitted a post titled 'screensaver not workinggg' but since found a web site describing similar to what i am experiencing:

https://piunikaweb.com/blog/roku-os-10-5-update-a-buggy-affair-for-some-users-devs-looking-into-it

more specifically, i watch content on a channel for a few minutes, then hit pause,  i don't get a screensaver, just a blank screen. when i hit any key, i end up back at the home menu

i have experienced this on two roku devices, an ultra 2020 and an express 4k+.

0 Kudos